How and where to thrift shop in Nairobi



I love thrift shopping (buying second hand clothing), anything to save some coins am down for it. Am always on the look out for places where I can get affordable, trendy and quality outfits.Most of the outfits I share on my blog are usually thrifted or tailor made.


Today I will share with you how and where to thrift shop in Nairobi. These are either places where I frequently shop from or places I'm planning to shop from very soon. Today's outfit on the blog is 100% thrifted. The jacket, body suit and the pants I bought them from Serinda Fashions.

Picture courtesy of google Images
Gikomba Market

If you are Kenyan, Gikomba market needs no introduction. This is the main second hand clothes market in Kenya. You can get all types of  thrifted (mitumba ) clothes from here and at a very affordable price. 

Toi Market

Another famous thrift market in Nairobi. I was at Toi Market last week and I had gone to buy a carpet and I was so surprised how expensive the prices were. The prices at Toi Market were ridiculous, I have no idea why. Apart from the extravagant prices, the quality of items is still top notch.

Mutindwa Market

It is located in Eastlands. If you are looking for trendy dresses then Mutindwa market is your go to place. Although there are specific days they open their bales. Prices at this market are quite fair. I would highly recommend it.

Stadi ( City Stadium) Market

Stadi is located along Jogoo road. Here you can get crop tops, printed t shirts or blouses at a very affordable prices from as low as 20 shillings...yes you heard me right, 20 bob. The tops there are of good quality as well.

Photo Credits - Aggrey Ojiambo

Online thrift shops ( Instagram)

I love online shops, they save me the hustle of going to the market. I like that I can easily just buy an outfit online and get it delivered to me or I go to the shop and just pick it up. My go to online thrift  shops are :- 

Serinda Fashions  -  located at Imenti House ( First floor)

Taamali Kenya - located at Imenti House ( Basement) 

Vostilook - located at Yala towers 


Let me know in the comment section where you thrift shop. It doesn't have to be in Nairobi, it can be anywhere around the world. Thank you for stopping by and I hope this post was informative.









No comments

Your comments are highly appreciated