Arise Magazine Fashion Week (AMFW 2012) My Favorite Designers

The recently concluded Arise Magazine Fashion Week 2012 there were quite a number of designers that made me stop and stare while other designers didn't bring anything new just the same ol' designs and color blocking we see every day.I particularly loved what some designers showcased.Have a look

John Kaveke
From Kenya,i loved how he used vibrant colors and also incorporated the polka dots on his collection.I also found him to be among the few African Designers who largely focused on Mens Wear.I feel his collection totally rocked for me.


Mai Atafo
From Nigeria.There is something special about Nigerian Designers,they are so good at their designs and i give them Mad respect for that.What i loved about him is that the mens collection was outstanding,i love how he mixed pink,red n light blue....what now!Not the usual huh?

Re Bahia

I particularly love the red wigs the models had on the runway and of course the bold colors did it for me.

Ere Dappa

From Nigeria,she used Ankara Fabric.


Amede
She used Tie-Dye.


Taibo Bacar

I loved her collection though it wasnt original but very well done and i wouldn't mind wearing her pieces especially the orange short suit thats very very lovely!





I must say African Designers have a special place in my heart but i feel at The Arise Magazine Fashion Week 2012,some really didn't give it their all.was expecting amazing designs from the amazing designers we have.All in all there sure is room for improvement.

Photo credits
Belle Naija
Channels Television
Arise Magazine

Vonette!

No comments

Your comments are highly appreciated